Interdisciplinary Award for New Approaches in Quality and Integrated Management
What does a lived and accepted Integrated Management System of the future look like? Whether technical, personnel or organizational approach - anyone who deals with this topic as a part of a research project can apply for the ConSense ScientificAward until August 30, 2019. The interdisciplinary ConSense ScientificAward 2019 is aimed at young academics, who, as part of their bachelor, master, engineering diploma, PhD or MBA thesis in Germany, Austria or Switzerland, have dealt with issues that promote a lived and accepted management system. The thesis must be written in German. This year we are offering this interdisciplinary award for the third time.
With the ConSense ScientificAward, we want to emphasize the vitality and acceptance of quality management on the one hand and also offer graduates a forum to present their work to an expert audience and to exchange ideas with like-minded people on the other hand.
Registration possible till August 30, 2019
To be entitled to participate, it is sufficient to submit a final thesis (bachelor, master, engineering diploma, PhD or MBA) that was or will be published in Germany, Austria or Switzerland between August 2017 and August 2019.
The papers should focus on the lived and accepted management system and can cover following topics: quality management, integrated management systems, risk management, key figures management, skill management, process management, training management or knowledge management and data protection management in the context of integrated management systems.
A high-quality, independent jury consisting of Prof. Dr. Mendling (Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration - WU Vienna and board member of the Society for Process Management), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rosenbaum (Dresden University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering) and Dr.-Ing. Sommerhoff (DGQ) will evaluate theses submitted to us. The evaluation criteria include innovation potential, theory, real-life relevance, benefits for the industry, environment and society, economic efficiency as well as the form of presentation.
Award ceremony at the ConSense User Conference in December 2019
The best thesis submitted by August 30, 2019 via email will be awarded the ConSense ScientificAward, which is endowed with 1,000 Euro and a presentation of the winning thesis at the ConSense User Conference on December 04, 2019 at Quellenhof in Aachen. The winner will give a short presentation about his work in front of an audience of experts. If interested, the winner can participate in the full program of the first day of the ConSense User Conference 2019 including VIP evening and the opportunity to network.
Whether working student, former trainee, niece or neighbour – do you have someone in mind who should definitely apply? Then please forward the information about the ConSense ScientificAward 2019.
Terms and Conditions:
- To be entitled to participate, an application - including thesis (PDF), curriculum vitae (PDF) and contact details – must arrived until August 30, 2019 by e-mail. Participation is free of charge.
- Participation requires acceptance of the terms and conditions. By participating, the participant accepts them.
- The participant has a bachelor, master, engineering diploma, PhD or MBA degree. Eligible are theses published or submitted in Germany, Austria or Switzerland between August 2017 and August 2019 in the field of the topics listed below, written in a German language.
- Possible topics that promote a lived and accepted management system: Quality management; integrated management systems; risk management, key figures management, skill management, process management, training management or knowledge management; establishment of QM in the company; motivation for employees to work with QM; or, if applicable, related topics.
- The ConSense ScientificAward is awarded by the ConSense GmbH.
- The jury evaluates the entries according to the evaluation criteria and selects a winner. The evaluation criteria include theoretical basics, innovation potential, academic content, real-life application, benefits for the industry, environment and society, economic efficiency as well as the form of presentation.
- The winner will receive the ConSense ScientificAward 2019, the prize money of 1000€ and a certificate.
- The winner will give a short presentation (approx. 30 minutes) about the thesis at the award ceremony on December 04, 2019 at the ConSense User Conference 2019. Arrival and departure, one overnight stay and catering will be provided.
- If interested, the winner can participate in the full program of the first day of the ConSense User Conference 2019 including VIP evening in the value of 399 €.
- ConSense GmbH commits to treat the content of submitted theses confidentially.
- ConSense GmbH reserves the right to exclude participants from the competition, if they violate terms and conditions.
- Participants, who use unauthorized means or otherwise gain an advantage through tampering or manipulation, will be disqualified. If necessary, the prize will be subsequently withdrawn and reclaimed. Anyone who provides untrue or false personal information will also be disqualified.
- ConSense GmbH reserves the right to discontinue this competition at any time without prior notice if due to technical or legal reasons a proper execution cannot be guaranteed.
- Legal recourse is excluded.