Quality Management Ensures Consumer Safety
During the production of food and the associated processes (processing, storage, transport and sale) all potential influences that could lead to a hazard or illness of the consumer after consumption must be eliminated. The industry is strictly regulated and subject to regular and unannounced inspections. A functioning quality assurance system for food production is therefore essential.
IFS and HACCP concept for control in the food industry
In order to achieve the goal of consumer safety, certification according to one of the IFS (International Featured Standards) is mandatory for all companies along the supply chain in the food industry. This certification requires continuous risk analysis and monitoring as well as the establishment of a control procedure based on the principles of the HACCP concept (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point).
This inevitably entails an immense administrative burden due to the high documentation effort and the regular checks for actuality. ConSense QM software can offer valuable support and work simplification, especially in the food industry.
With QM system all regulations and certifications for food under control
Besides the IFS, other standards are frequently applied and companies in the food industry often certify against:
- ISO 9001
- FSSC 22000
Used as an integrated management system, ConSense software can display all standards and other regulations applicable to the company under a uniform interface.
Benefits and Functions
You and your employees save time and work more efficiently ...
- by modelling and displaying your production processes directly in ConSense
- by defining responsibilities and recording them in the processes or process steps
- by defining CPs (Control Points) and CCPs (Critical Control Points) directly in the relevant process steps
- by ConSense managing all processes, forms and documents (such as work instructions, forms, specifications, etc.) in an audit-proof manner and automatically distributing them to the employees involved
- by using ConSense to automatically route documents through the company for review and approval according to predefined workflows
- by conveniently planning and evaluating your internal and external (supplier) audits and inspections, even at high frequency
- by enabling your employees to quickly find the documents and information they need in their daily work
- ConSense compiles the documents required for audits at the push of a button
- by defining a deputy rule in ConSense, for example, for cases where the person responsible is out of the office during unannounced inspections
- by having an overview of current or past actions at any time and being able to direct, assign and track them
- by clearly planning and organising training courses and documenting their implementation for verification purposes
- by collecting and evaluating key figures and displaying them on the dashboard
ConSense offers this and much more for quality management in the food industry.